List3d Launches to Make Finding your Next Home Easy
At List3d, we are on a mission to make the home buying and rental process as simple as possible. Whether you are buying or renting, the search experience is one of the most important (and stressful!) experiences people go through — after all, what’s more important than finding the right home? Housing is the biggest expense for almost everyone’s budget, so it’s only natural that people like to shop around and feel comfortable knowing they have explored all the market has to offer.
The Current State of Finding Your Next Home
Over time, like most things, the real estate search process for consumers has moved almost exclusively online. Over 95% of consumers now start their search on the internet.
This move to online search has experienced a shift of its own. While most people used to use their desktop computers to visit property websites, this has dramatically changed as mobile phones become consumers go-to for accessing the internet. Just 5 years ago, about 40% of searches were happening on phones. Today, that number is almost 90%! Desktop sites and web browsers are dead….mobile is the future.
Unfortunately, listing sites have not adapted. Some have scrapped together apps that barely work, but the majority of sites still expect their users to go to the regular site on mobile, and these web pages are clunky or downright unusable on a mobile phone
This shift obviously has a huge impact for renters, buyers, sellers and owners alike. Renters and buyers will flock to mobile sites that are smooth and feature-rich, and owners and sellers will need to ensure their listings are being featured where everyone is looking.
Perhaps one of the most interesting elements of this shift is that people now find online websites more useful sources of information than real estate agents!! Self-directed research into the market and availabilities now outpaces peoples’ view of professionals themselves.
You’ll notice in the above chart that while mobile search is almost comparable to an agent, it still lags behind online website search on a desktop.
This is what we aim to change at List3d.
Existing mobile apps and sites have shortchanged themselves and their users…they think “smaller device = less information and features”. We want to turn that on its head.
Mobile has a lot of advantages over desktop — better graphics cards, smoother actions, and the opportunity for improved user experiences.
Almost every person now has a supercomputer in their pocket, and it’s where 90%+ of real estate searches already start…so let’s build a better experience so people can find the perfect home faster.
The Launch of List3d
List3d is built for mobile — we aren’t taking some online site and trying to make it work on a phone. No, we are building the entire application specifically for those 90%+ of searches that start on the go. We will use this focus to design a smooth and enjoyable search process while utilizing the features that are only available on mobile.
Our goal is to change how real estate is explored, understood, and acted on. By making the search process easy, and building a better platform for connecting buyers + sellers and renters + owners, we believe we can turn this long stressful experience into a shorter, and dare we say fun adventure for all involved.
How will we do this?
- Design for mobile: List3d is thoughtfully designed and developed for the next generation of mobile users
- Have the best data: By building a better tool that attracts more users and developing a simpler process for adding listings, users will trust we are the most robust resource for availabilities
- Use 3D Maps: We understand our world in 3D, and mobile phones make using 3D maps much easier than on a desktop. By leveraging this, we can make exploring areas, especially cities with high rises, way more intuitive.
- Make location a bigger part of the story: Every site lets you see price, pictures, and bedrooms. But they all lack a more holistic understanding of an area…things like access to transit, amenities, parks, restaurants, and walk times. We will make this discoverable on your phone, saving you loads of time on site visits and helping you better understand a location online.
- Make 3D Tours ubiquitous: Did you know your phone can probably make a 3D tour like this? Most new models can in less than 10 minutes. By educating our sellers and owners, we will make these ubiquitous for all listings.
Please join us as we try to revolutionize how people find their next home! We welcome any feedback, advice, or specific requests to solve the pains of the search process. Subscribe to our blog here or reach out directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First stop: Calgary, Alberta